I did something pretty sweet in my kitchen last weekend and I think you ought to try it. They disappeared so quickly, I had to make another batch to get pictures of them for you.
If you’ve tried my Spectacular Blueberry Muffins or Raspberry Dark Chocolate Muffins, these should be next on your list. The base recipe is the same and I’m so pleased with it. They turn out big, beautiful, and perfect every time.
I’m skipping the step-by-step because I’ve been there, done that, but you can click HERE to see it happen. They are incredibly easy to make.
The printable recipe with complete instructions is down yonder.
In honor of spring, I added some fresh strawberries and a sweet, simple glaze.
She’ll love ya forever regardless of whether you make her the muffins or not, cause that’s what mama’s do. That’s why they deserve some muffins.
I want to take a moment to wish every mother who reads this post the most beautiful Mother’s Day ever. Whatever it is that makes it special for you, I hope it comes to you in leaps and bounds.
Now, for the kids – go call your mother!
Glazed Strawberry Muffins
12 muffins adjust servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt (can substitute light sour cream)
- 1 heaping cup fresh, chopped strawberries (rinsed and dried)
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons heavy cream or half-and-half, or more to reach desired consistency
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl beat eggs with an electric hand mixer. Add 1 cup white sugar and beat for a minute or two until completely combined. Pour in the oil, with beaters running, and then add vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix flour mixture into wet mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the Greek yogurt.
- Add the strawberries and mix with the wooden spoon just until combined. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool for about 10 or 15 minutes and then carefully remove from tin to cool completely.
- Combine ingredients for glaze in a small mixing bowl. Drizzle over completely cooled muffins.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.