This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The tartness of cranberry, combined with rich, sweet chocolate and topped off with a light, powdered sugar glaze. These Cranberry Chocolate Chip Muffins are festive, pretty and so tasty!
But first, lets talk about these luscious muffins. The tartness of cranberry, combined with rich, sweet chocolate and topped off with a light, powdered sugar glaze. Festive, pretty and equally tasty. Lets make muffins!
You’ll need one cup of fresh cranberries.
Pulse them in your food processor until coarsely chopped.
Mix together your flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk eggs into buttermilk.
Whisk in the oil.
In goes the sugar.
Now the vanilla.
Add the dry ingredients and mix, just until combined.
Mix in the cranberries and mini chocolate chips.
Coat a 1/3 cup dry measure with cooking spray.
This is an easy and clean way to evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups. If the batter begins to stick, spray measuring cup with additional cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 22 to 26 minutes.
Remove them from the oven when lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. When cool enough to handle, remove the muffins from the tin and cool completely. Mix up the powdered sugar glaze.
Drizzle it over the tops of the muffins.
Gorgeous! The perfect treat to give to neighbors, co-workers, and friends over the holidays. They will be forever grateful.
• Giveaway Closed •
This contest is sponsored by Valerie’s Kitchen, out of the goodness of my heart, because it’s fun to give stuff away, and because I love ya!
Good luck and happy cooking!
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups fresh cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with baking cups or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place cranberries in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and eggs, whisk in the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix with a spoon, just until combined. Fold in chopped cranberries and chocolate chips. Mix just until combined.
- Spray a 1/3 cup dry measure with cooking spray. Scoop out a scant 1/3 cup of batter to fill each cup in your muffin pan. You may need to spray the measuring cup with additional cooking spray if batter begins sticking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 26 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 or 10 minutes in pan. When cool enough to handle, remove from pan and cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze. In a small bowl mix powdered sugar with vanilla. Add milk until you get the desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled muffins.