The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System and the NEW 4-piece set of FoodSaver Fresh Containers are next up in my giveaway series.
I’ve been a fan of FoodSaver for years so when I was asked to try out the FM 2100 Vacuum Sealer and these snazzy new FoodSaver Fresh Containers, I was quick with a big YES. I use my older model vacuum sealer constantly and it still works well after years and years of use.
FoodSaver FM 2100 Vacuum Sealing System Review
I was happy to find the FM 2100 is sleek, more lightweight, and easier to store than my old upright model. It’s exceptionally easy to operate and even if you’ve never used a vacuum sealer before, you’ll be off and running (or sealing) within minutes with just a quick glance at the instructions that are conveniently printed on the inside of the cover.
- Space-saving design with easy latch & lock operation
- Convenient roll storage and roll cutter
- Securely vacuum seals your food to keep air out and prevent freezer burn.
- BPA free.
- Accessory port and hose vacuum seals canisters and marinates food in minutes; works with all FoodSaver brand containers and marinators (sold separately).
- Available at major retailers at the suggested retail price of $119.99. Check out the low price on Amazon!
How it works:
- Cut any size bag you need with the built-in roll cutter. In addition to a full roll, the unit comes with a sample pack of bags in a variety of sizes.
- Place one end of the cut bag into the vacuum sealing channel and close and latch the unit. Press the SEAL button to seal one end of the bag.
- Add the food to the bag.
- Place the open end of the filled bag into vacuum sealing channel, latch the unit and press the VACUUM/SEAL button to start the process. The unit will remove the air from the bag and heat seal it.
If like me, you do bulk shopping at warehouse stores, I’m confident you will love this vacuum sealer. I buy most of our meat at Costco and it all gets portioned out, vacuumed sealed, and frozen when I get home. Vacuum sealing is super useful when feeding a big family so that you can stock your freezer full and visit the store less frequently. But, it’s just as useful for a small household since most meat comes packaged with more than you need for one meal. Use what you need and vacuum seal the rest for a future meal. The quality of vacuum sealed meat is so much better than if you try freezing it in the store packaging, using storage bags, or rewrapping it in foil.
I also like to portion out and seal the big blocks of cheese I buy at Costco and it’s also a fabulous way to preserve expensive fresh herbs that you buy for recipes.
FoodSaver Fresh Container 4-Piece Set Review
The 4-Piece Set includes:
- 1- 3 cup Fresh Container
- 1- 5 cup Fresh Container
- 1- 8 cup Fresh Container
- 1- 10 cup Fresh Container
- 1- Container Adapter
- This set is sold as an accessory to the FoodSaver Vaccum Sealing Systems.
- Connect the vacuum seal valve and a unique “dimple” vacuum seal indicator lets you know you have a tight seal. No guessing!
- Crack, shatter, stain & odor resistant.
- Nestable and stackable.
- Microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher and freezer safe.
- BPA free and FDA approved.
- Available at major retailers at a suggested retail price of $59.99 – click HERE to buy it now on Amazon.
I can think of several instances where these containers would be highly useful. If you want to get prep for a meal out of the way, you could chop fruit and veggies, cook pasta, or prepare sauces and vacuum seal them in these containers until ready to use. I love the thought of getting work done days in advance and not losing quality or freshness. They are cleanly designed, pretty containers and look pretty sharp in the fridge.
The containers were not as easy for me to figure out as the vacuum sealing unit. After unpacking them I made a quick attempt to vacuum seal some shredded cheese in the 5 cup container. I was not having any luck on my own so I called customer service and a human answered! A very helpful human. But, by the time she came back with a solution, two of my guys who happened to be in the kitchen and saw me fumbling had it figured out. Once I saw it in action, I was really pleased with how it works and had no trouble operating it successfully on my own.
FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System Giveaway
There are multiple options available for entering on the Rafflecopter application below. Enter once or enter multiple times to increase your odds of winning.
Best of luck to you all…. and let the vacuum sealing begin!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Contest runs through 12:00am PST on June 16, 2016. One winner will be chosen at random and contacted by email within 48 hours of contest end. Winner must respond within 48 hours of notification or another winner will be chosen. Contest open only to U.S. residents, 18 years and older, and is void where prohibited. Only entries made on this post on the Rafflecopter application above are valid for entry.
I was provided a FoodSaver FM2100 Vacuum Sealing System and Fresh Container 4-Piece Set to aid me in my review.
Valerie’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more information on our site policies click HERE.