Cheesy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes
These Cheesy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes are a fabulous way to make your holiday meal prep a whole lot easier. Delicious served with ham, turkey, or beef!
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and quartered
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened (I used Neufchatel)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3/4 cup warmed milk divided
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning like Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese fine shred
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (fine shred
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Coat a 13" x 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Bring a large pot of water to boil over HIGH heat. Add potatoes, cover, and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender all the way through when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. Drain well.
Add cream cheese, sour cream, about half of the milk, and the butter and mix with an electric mixer just until combined. Add as much of the remaining milk as needed to reach the desired consistency and mix again until no lumps remain but being careful not to overmix. Add seasoned salt, Havarti, and cheddar and stir with a spoon until well incorporated. Season to taste with additional salt (if needed) and fresh ground black pepper.
Transfer potatoes to prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.
Remove dish from refrigerator about an hour before baking time to take the chill off. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake, covered for 30 to 45 minutes, or until warmed through. Garnish with chives and serve.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 4.5mg