Fast and Easy Cherry Crisp
Frozen cherries make this Fast and Easy Cherry Crisp a dessert that can be pulled together on a whim. A great last minute dessert choice!
- 36 ounces frozen dark cherries, no sugar added (thawed) (3 12-ounce bags)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into 1-inch slices
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, toss cherries with lemon juice and vanilla. Add white sugar and 1/4 cup flour and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1-1/4 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, and salt. Work in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the fruit. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 269mg | Potassium: 347mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 545IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg