Cranberry Almond Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
A tangy, lightly sweet poppy seed dressing graces this pretty Cranberry Almond Poppy Seed Chicken Salad. Layer it with lettuce on potato buns for a delicious, light meal. Perfect for a spring buffet!
For the Poppy Seed Dressing:
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (choose a healthy fat mayo like olive oil mayonnaise)
- ¼ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
For the Chicken Salad
- 2 ½ cups cooked chopped chicken breast (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- ⅓ cup finely diced red onion
- 1 stalk celery diced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Add chicken salad ingredients and toss until the dressing is thoroughly incorporated.
Serve on slider rolls, croissants, wraps, or lightly toasted bread with lettuce leaves. Cover and immediately refrigerate any leftovers.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg