Thai Peanut Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
These tasty Thai Peanut Chicken Meal Prep Bowls include a layer of simple sesame noodles topped with quickly sautéed chicken, fresh and crunchy slaw, and some peanut sauce for dipping. A delicious, grab-and-go meal!
For the Easy Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lite low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- 1/3 warm water. use as needed to reach desired consistency
For the Thai Peanut Chicken Meal Prep Bowls:
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 1-1/4 pounds), cut into chunks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup fully-cooked shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions chopped
- sesame seeds optional garnish
- chopped peanuts optional garnish
Prepare the Easy Peanut Sauce:
Add peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, lime juice, ground ginger, minced garlic, curry powder, and crushed red pepper to the container of a blender or food processor. With the motor running, slowly pour water through the feed tube a little a time, until the mixture reaches the desired consistency. You want it thin enough to pour, but not watery.
Transfer to an airtight container (a small mason jar works perfectly) and store in the refrigerator up to a week.
Prepare the Thai Peanut Chicken Meal Prep Bowls:
Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti noodles and cook according to package directions. Rinse cooked noodles with cold water and drain well. Toss cooked and cooled noodles with sesame oil. Set aside.
Add vegetable oil to a 10" skillet. Add chicken chunks and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook and stir until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Toss broccoli slaw with veggies and cilantro.
Divide chicken, noodles, and some of the slaw mixture between four meal prep containers. Sprinkle chicken and noodles with sesame seeds and/or chopped peanuts, if desired. Add a small container of the Easy Peanut Sauce to each container.
Keeps well in airtight containers for up to 4 days.
Calories: 619kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 499mg | Potassium: 773mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 760IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg