Chicken Vegetable Tortellini Soup
This Chicken Vegetable Tortellini Soup is made easy with the help of a rotisserie chicken and store-bought cheese tortellini. Add a deliciously seasoned broth, some veggies and fresh baby spinach, and you've got yourself a wholesome, satisfying 30-minute meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning or more to taste (I used Lawry's Seasoned Salt)
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2-1/2 cups cooked chopped chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish
Add oil to a large soup pot or Dutch oven and place over MEDIUM HEAT. Add carrots, celery, onion, parsley, thyme sprigs, garlic, all-purpose seasoning, and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until veggies have softened, stirring occasionally.
Add the tomato paste and stir into the cooked veggies until well combined. Add the chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW. Add the frozen peas, frozen corn, and the tortellini and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or according to package directions. Add the chicken and the spinach. Stir for a minute or two, just until chicken is warmed through and spinach is wilted.
Remove the thyme stems. Stir in Parmesan and add additional seasoning, if desired.
Garnish individual servings with additional Parmesan, if desired.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 489mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3145IU | Vitamin C: 11.5mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 2.5mg