Easy Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
This Easy Peanut Chicken Stir Fry is loaded with chicken, vegetables, and the dreamy, irresistible flavor of peanut sauce that we crave so much!
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha , or to taste
- 2 to 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil , divided and as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 small crown broccoli chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms rinsed and sliced
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups white rice , cooked according to the package directions
Whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch until cornstarch has completely dissolved. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and Sriracha, whisking until smooth. Set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons oil to a large skillet or wok. Stir-fry chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan, adding additional oil between batches if necessary. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper and stir-fry for several minutes or until no longer pink. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add additional 1 tablespoon oil to pan and add broccoli and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring for several minutes, or until beginning to get tender. Add mushrooms and green onions; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes longer or until all vegetables are crisp-tender. Add green onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Whisk peanut sauce once more and add to the pan. Bring to a low simmer; cook and stir for a minute or two until thickened. Add chicken and heat through.
Sprinkle with cilantro and chopped peanuts and serve over rice.
Calories: 547kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 957mg | Potassium: 1397mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1377IU | Vitamin C: 120mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 3mg