Cheesy Skillet Tortellini with Meat Sauce
This hearty one-pot Cheesy Skillet Tortellini with Meat Sauce takes only about 30 minutes to put together. No need to boil the tortellini, just add it to the simmering sauce and it will cook up perfectly tender and delicious.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 14.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , or to taste
- fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- 24 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese
Add oil to a 12-inch skillet (with a lid) and place over MEDIUM heat. Cook onion and garlic in olive oil till tender.
Add ground beef. Cook, stirring, to break up the beef, until no longer pink. Drain off excess grease from the pan. Return the pan to the heat and add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth and seasonings. Add tortellini, stirring well to combine. Increase heat and once the sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat to LOW, cover skillet, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove cover and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan, cover skillet, and simmer for another three or four minutes, just until cheese has melted.
Remove from heat and serve.
Calories: 594kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1116mg | Potassium: 443mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 373IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 384mg | Iron: 5mg