Caprese Salad with Grilled Corn and Avocado
A gorgeous salad full of summer produce and drizzled with a creamy balsamic vinaigrette. A fabulous addition to a simple summer meal.
Servings: 4 to 6
Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Caprese Salad with Grilled Corn and Avocado:
- 1 ear yellow sweet corn husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mixed greens I used a mixture of baby spinach and mixed spring greens
- 2 or 3 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 12 ounce container marinated mozzarella balls
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Place all dressing ingredients in the bowl of your food processor and pulse until emulsified (it should be slightly thickened). If making dressing ahead, pour into a small container with a lid and refrigerate until ready to serve salad.
Brush the sweet corn with vegetable oil and place on either your indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat. Cook, turning occasionally until corn is tender when pierced and is beginning to char, about 10 minutes total. Remove corn from grill and allow to cool. Once cooled, use a sharp knife to remove corn from the cob and set aside.
Place the mixed greens on a large serving platter. Scatter remaining ingredients over the top and drizzle with prepared dressing.