Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwiches
A healthy, light version of chicken salad gets a big flavor boost from pesto.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 store bought rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 celery rib diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 4 sandwich rolls or 4 wraps
- 4 slices of cheese I used Muenster
- Baby spinach or arugula
- 1 large tomato sliced
Remove and discard the skin from the breast portion of the rotisserie chicken. Pull the white breast meat from the chicken to a cutting board and use your hands to shred it. You should have approximately 2-1/2 to 3 cups shredded chicken. If there is more, reserve it and the dark meat for another purpose.
In a large mixing bowl combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, pesto, celery, red onion, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Add shredded chicken and mix until well combined.
Serve on sandwich rolls or wraps with cheese, sliced tomato, and greens.