White Bean, Black-Eyed Pea, and Avocado Crostini
The smoky flavor of black-eyed peas pairs perfectly with the simple, honey-sweetened dressing in this White Bean, Black-Eyed Pea, and Avocado Crostini. A wholesome party appetizer!
- 15 ounce can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can seasoned black-eyed peas, lightly rinsed and drained (I use Glory brand)
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 3 or 4 green onions diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded as desired and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
For the crostini:
- 1 French baguette sliced
- olive oil
Combine white beans, black-eyed peas, red bell pepper, green onions, and jalapeno in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and pour over the bean mixture, tossing to combine. Add avocado and toss lightly.
Serve with toasted French baguette slices or tortilla chips.
To make the crostini - preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and use a pastry brush to coat each slice with a little olive oil. Bake for about 5 to 7 minutes, or till toasty.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 471mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 486IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 3mg