Cranberry Walnut Coleslaw with Shaved Brussels Sprouts
Servings: 10 to 12 servings
For the Coleslaw:
- 1/2 head green cabbage thinly sliced (approximately 5 cups)
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 carrot peeled and shredded
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese optional
For the Creamy Poppy Seed Slaw Dressing:
- 1/4 cup sour cream light or regular
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise light or regular
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Placed thinly sliced cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
Rinse and drain brussels sprouts and slice off and discard woody ends. Run the brussels though the feed tube of a food processor fitted with the slicing blade. Alternately, thinly slice the brussels with a sharp knife. Add shaved brussels, shredded carrot, diced red bell pepper, and diced onion to bowl with the cabbage. Toss well to combine and set aside.
Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Toss the dressing with the salad until distributed throughout. Add dried cranberries and walnuts and mix lightly. Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese, if desired, and serve.