Peach Strawberry Crisp
With some fresh summer fruit and a short list of pantry staples this heavenly Peach Strawberry Crisp can be on your dessert menu.
Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 pounds 2 good sized peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pound strawberries hulled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- vanilla ice cream optional but highly recommended
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl use a whisk to combine lemon juice, almond extract, and cornstarch. Add peaches, strawberries, and sugar and toss the mixture lightly with a wooden spoon until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish.
In a medium mixing bowl beat butter with brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Add flour, oats, almonds, and salt, stirring with a wooden spoon until well incorporated. Use your hands to knead the mixture until it is crumbly. Sprinkle crumbled mixture evenly over peaches and strawberries.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes till browned and bubbly. Allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm with ice cream.
Calories: 573kcal | Carbohydrates: 85g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 570mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 56g | Vitamin A: 1079IU | Vitamin C: 46mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 3mg