Slow Cooker Caribbean Pork
This Slow Cooker Caribbean Pork is a lean, flavor-packed meal!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin or sirloin tip roast (a little over is okay)
- Olive oil enough to coat your skillet
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper (2 small or 1 large)
- 6 green onions cut into 1/2" pieces, plus additional for garnish
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups basmati rice cooked according to package directions
Cut pork into 1-inch pieces. Add oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add pork and saute 5 minutes or until browned. Season with a touch of salt and lots of fresh ground pepper while browning.
Place browned pork, bell pepper, and green onion pieces in a 4-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
Combine hoisin sauce and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl. Pour chicken broth and hoisin mixture over the pork and vegetables and stir well to combine.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook for 5 to 6 hours until pork is fork tender. Combine water and cornstarch and pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Stir to combine and turn the slow cooker on HIGH for an additional 10 to 15 minutes to thicken the sauce.
Serve over rice with green onions for garnish.
Adapted from Cooking Light
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 814mg | Potassium: 891mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1724IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 3mg