Strawberry Spinach Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
A vibrant, beautiful summer salad. The honey balsamic dressing perfectly accents the ingredients. Simple, healthy, and so easy to put together!
Servings: 6 servings
For the Salad:
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 3 ounces goat or feta cheese crumbled
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place all dressing ingredients in small jar or bowl with tight fitting lid. Shake until well combined. Alternately, you can whisk the ingredients in a small bowl and transfer to small container with a lid. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Place spinach and sliced strawberries in a large serving bowl. Add as much dressing as desired and toss to combine. Top with cheese and slivered almonds.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 194mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2882IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg