Warm Cheesy Bean Dip
A super tasty, substantial dip that is always a crowd pleaser. Perfect for game day or your Cinco de Mayo festivities.
Servings: 10 to 12 servings
- 4 ounces Neufchatel reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 16 ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a wooden spoon to combine cream cheese, salt, garlic powder, cumin, fresh ground pepper, and salsa in a large mixing bowl. Mix till creamy and well combined. Add all of the beans and mix till combined. Add half the shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese and mix well. Transfer the bean mixture to a baking dish and top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or till hot and bubbly around the edges.
Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped green onion. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Serve with tortilla or corn chips.