Chili Dogs for a Crowd
An easy, one dish method for baking up a batch of classic chili dogs. If you've got a large crowd, grab another dish and do a second batch!
Servings: 8 chili dogs
- 1 8 count package hot dog buns
- 1 8 count package of hot dogs
- 1 15 ounce can chili (with our without beans)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced jarred jalapeno pepper rings mild or hot
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 13" x 9" or slightly larger dish with foil.
Place hot dog buns in prepared pan and spread open slightly. Place a hot dog in each bun. Top each hot dog with some chili, dividing evenly between all the dogs. Evenly distribute the cheese over the top and then top with the diced red onion and jalapeno rings.
Spray the back side of another large piece of foil with non-stick cooking spray. Cover the pan with the foil, coated side down. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven, remove foil and allow to sit for a couple of minutes. Use a spatula to remove chili dogs from pan.