Crock-Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
Warm, comforting, shredded Italian beef cooked in the Crock-Pot with peperoncini. Serve on crusty French rolls with melted provolone cheese.
Servings: 8 to 12 servings
- 1 2 to 3 pound chuck roast, edges trimmed of fat
- 2 cups cups beef broth
- 1 .7 ounce package Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 16 ounce jar peperoncini, stems removed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup liquid from peperoncini jar
- Sandwich rolls
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Softened butter or butter spread
Trim the fat from the edges of the roast with a sharp knife. Cut the chuck roast into 4 large chunks and place them in the Crock-Pot.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together beef broth, salad dressing mix, and Italian seasoning. Pour the mixture over the roast in the Crock-Pot. Toss in the peperoncini and peperoncini liquid.
Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or on High for 4 to 5 hours. When meat is completely fork tender, grab two forks and shred the meat into the cooking liquid.
Butter and toast the sandwich rolls and spoon some of the shredded beef and peppers on to each one, topping with a slice of provolone. Melt cheese under oven broiler, if desired.
Oven directions: Place all items in large Dutch oven. Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until meat can be easily shredded with a fork.