Skillet Sausage Pasta
This Skillet Sausage Pasta is a one-pot meal that is ready from start to finish in under 30 minutes and it is fabulous!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage in your flavor of choice
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 14.5 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta (approximately 2-1/2 cups uncooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper each
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
Add olive oil to a deep, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 or 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute or two until fragrant.
Add broth, tomatoes, pasta, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in half and half or heavy cream and simmer for another minute or two until warmed through.
Remove skillet from heat, add cheese and stir until melted. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Calories: 725kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 1342mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 5.3mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 2.4mg