Thai Chicken Salad
This totally craveworthy Thai Chicken Salad is loaded with crunchy veggies and topped with a Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette.
Servings: 6 servings
Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 ounces dried rice stick noodles optional
- vegetable oil to prepare rice sticks
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce finely chopped
- 8 ounces 3 color cole slaw mix
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken meat chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
Place all ingredients for the Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette in the bowl of your food processor. Process for about 2 minutes, or till emulsified and smooth. Set aside, or if making ahead, transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate.
Prepare rice sticks according to package directions and set aside.
In a large serving bowl mix together Romaine, coleslaw mix, cilantro, edamame, green onion, red bell pepper, and rotisserie chicken. Toss well to combine. Add prepared rice stick noodles, breaking into small pieces as you add them. Drizzle about 3/4 of the refrigerated peanut dressing over the salad and toss well to distribute throughout. Add avocado and peanuts and toss lightly. Drizzle remaining dressing over the top.
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 808mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1974IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg