Coconut Curry Chicken
This Coconut Curry Chicken is a comforting, flavor-packed meal. Serve this curry infused chicken with cauliflower and red bell pepper over rice for a super satisfying dinner.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder,
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 14 ounces lite or regular coconut milk
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups cooked white or brown rice, prepared according to package directions
Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Allow to brown but don't allow it to burn. Stir in onions and red bell pepper, and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, and crushed red pepper into the pan, and stir to combine. Add cauliflower. Increase heat to medium high and cook until mixture just comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve over rice.
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 541mg | Potassium: 1027mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 955IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 3mg