Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
You will want to have a jar of this Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix in your pantry at all times. It is a staple in so many Mexican-inspired recipes and so much better than the store bought variety!
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Mix well and store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
Give the jar a shake before measuring out the amount needed for your recipe.
This recipe yields approximately 1/2 cup.
- Be sure you use chili (with an "i") powder and not chile (with an "e") powder for a mild, all-purpose blend.
- I prefer fine ground sea salt in most of my seasoning mixes. You can substitute regular table salt if you'd like. Feel free to reduce the amount called for if you are watching your sodium intake.
- Crushed red pepper adds a little zing. Add more or less depending on your taste.
- Spices can lose potency over time so use homemade spice blends within a few months for the best flavor.
Serving: 2teaspoons | Calories: 11kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 832IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg