Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta
This Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta requires just one pan and 30 minutes to prepare!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces approximately 2-1/2 cups uncooked, dry (uncooked) penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 (5 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Add olive oil to a 12" deep skillet or saute pan and place over medium heat. Add the chopped chicken and cook, stirring frequently. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning, a touch of salt, and fresh ground pepper, and continue cooking for 3 or 4 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add remaining olive oil to pan and add onions. Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, until softened and lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for a minute or two until fragrant.
Add broth, tomatoes, pasta, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Stir in the cooked chicken and bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in half and half and mozzarella and simmer for minute or two until warmed through and cheese has melted.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in fresh spinach until it wilts from heat of the pasta. Top with Parmesan and serve.
Calories: 598kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 886mg | Potassium: 787mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 13.8mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 2.1mg