Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Queso
his Slow Cooker Green Chile Chicken Queso is game day party perfection. Get it started in your slow cooker before your guests arrive and it will be melted and ready to serve by game time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 15 ounce can Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken breast, or fully cooked chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- cilantro for garnish
- tortilla chips for serving
Add the olive oil to a skillet and place over MEDIUM heat. Add the onion and jalapeno and cook, stirring, for several minutes to soften. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add all of the cheese, green chile sauce, diced green chiles, rotisserie chicken, cumin, salt, and the onions and jalapenos from the skillet to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir well, cover, and cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours on LOW, until the cheese is melted and smooth, stirring once about every 20 to 30 minutes during the cooking time.
Set the slow cooker to the WARM setting. Transfer some of the queso to a serving bowl and garnish with cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
Any remaining queso can stay in the slow cooker on the KEEP WARM setting for an hour or two. Stir it occasionally to keep it the edges from burning.
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1310mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 905IU | Vitamin C: 8.7mg | Calcium: 367mg | Iron: 1mg