Mexican Three Bean Salad
This versatile Mexican Three Bean Salad is delicious all on its own, tossed in a big green salad, or stuffed inside tortillas with grilled chicken or shrimp.
- 15 ounces canned white beans rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed and drained
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro or fresh Italian parsley
For the dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons sugar for a sweeter dressing use 3 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt plus additional to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, onion, bell peppers, and jalapeno pepper.Add all of the dressing ingredients to a small bowl or measuring cup and stir to combine well. Add as much as desired to the bean mixture (it should be well saturated) and toss to coat the ingredients well. Sprinkle with the cilantro or parsley and stir again.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.It will keep well for several days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 648mg | Potassium: 621mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 28.3mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 3.7mg