Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Dip
This Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Dip is an entirely irresistible, make-ahead party snack that is guaranteed to be a hit with your guests!
- 1.25 pounds (2 average size) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix (or a store-bought blend)
- 15- ounce can red enchilada sauce (I use Hatch brand)
- 8 ounces cream cheese or Neufchatel, softened
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)
- hot sauce, like Cholula or Tabasco, to taste (I added a generous amount)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves optional
Spray the insert of a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken, sprinkle with taco seasoning, and pour the enchilada sauce over the top. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender enough to easily shred. Using two forks, shred the chicken into the sauce.
Cut the cream cheese into 8 pieces and add them to the slow cooker along with the pepper Jack cheese and sour cream. Mix well to combine. Cover and continue to cook on LOW for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cream cheese has completely melted, stirring once or twice.
Add some heat by shaking in a little or a lot of hot sauce, like Cholula (this is the part where you have an excuse to grab a chip and dig in). Stir well then sprinkle with green onions and cilantro, if desired. Serve with Fritos Scoops or sturdy tortilla chips.
Calories: 155.13kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.4g | Protein: 14.79g | Fat: 7.98g | Saturated Fat: 4.42g | Cholesterol: 52.18mg | Sodium: 518.67mg | Potassium: 255.2mg | Fiber: 0.66g | Sugar: 3.59g | Vitamin A: 483.98IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 115.6mg | Iron: 0.52mg