Easy Tomato Cream Sauce
This Easy Tomato Cream Sauce takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and is a great alternative to store-bought sauce. Toss with your favorite cooked pasta for a quick and easy meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced sweet yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper or to taste (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan plus more for serving
- fresh basil optional
Heat olive oil in a 12-inch saute pan over MEDIUM-LOW heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion has softened and is translucent. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian Seasoning, basil, sugar, salt, crushed red pepper (if using) and black pepper and stir well to combine. Add cream and Parmesan and cook until warmed through and bubbly, 1 to 2 minutes.
Toss with the cooked pasta of your choice.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 601mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 582IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 1mg