Easy Chicken Cobb Salad
Fresh ingredients and a made from scratch dressing combine to make this Easy Chicken Cobb Salad. A restaurant quality salad you can easily make at home in under 30 minutes.
Chicken Cobb Salad:
- 3 cups well chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups torn spring greens
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken works great)
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes, about 8 ounces
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes (optional but we love them)
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved or quartered
- freshly ground black pepper
Classic Cobb Salad Dressing (French Vinaigrette)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup canola oil, or another neutral-tasting oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
For the Cobb Salad:
Scatter the chopped romaine and torn spring greens across the bottom of a low shallow bowl or salad platter and toss lightly to combine.
Add the rotisserie chicken, halved grape tomatoes, avocado, radishes (if using), bacon, eggs and blue cheese over the top of the greens in neat rows. Season the salad with freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
For the Classic Cobb Salad Dressing:
Add all ingredients to a wide mouth pint-sized mason jar, seal tightly, and shake it like crazy. Dressing will emulsify (thicken) when you shake it up really well.
Drizzle the dressing over individual servings of the Classic Cobb Salad.
Makes about 1 cup of dressing. Leftover dressing keeps well if refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Nutrition information was calculated for 1 serving with approximately 2 tablespoons of dressing.
I also like to put out some creamy dressings like Ranch or blue cheese - SO good with a little vinaigrette and a drizzle of a creamy dressing.
Calories: 532kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 266mg | Sodium: 521mg | Potassium: 1055mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3987IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 3mg