Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad
This loaded Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad is packed with flavor, texture and nutrition. This easy salad recipe is a delicious choice for a stress-free, wholesome meal.
For the Southwest Caesar Dressing
For the Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad
- 4 cups chopped romaine hearts
- 2 cups roughly chopped mixed baby greens
- 2 cups chopped or sliced fully cooked chicken I use rotisserie chicken
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar and/or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 or 2 avocados sliced
- tortilla strips or chips for garnish, optional
Make the Southwest Caesar Salad Dressing
Combine the dressing, Sriracha (to taste), cumin, coriander, and lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Assemble the Salad
Scatter the chopped greens over the bottom of a large, shallow bowl or platter. Top with the remaining ingredients, through the avocado, placing them in rows or piles with a little separation between each.
Top individual servings with the dressing and tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips.
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 812mg | Potassium: 801mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 4728IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 4mg