Cheesy Artichoke Bread
A creamy artichoke mixture is smeared over French bread and baked until melted, golden brown, and crispy around the edges. This easy Cheesy Artichoke Bread takes artichoke dip to the next level!
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese (Neufchatel cream cheese)
- 14 ounce canned artichoke hearts in water drained and chopped
- 8 to 10 jarred jalapeno peppers tamed or hot, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon all-purpose seasoning with salt (I use Lawry’s Seasoned Salt)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 loaf French bread
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and set aside.
Combine all the ingredients for the artichoke spread in a large mixing bowl. Slice the loaf of French bread down the middle and spread the mixture evenly over both halves of the bread.
Place the coated bread on the lined baking sheet, transfer to the oven, and bake for 20 minutes. Switch the oven to BROIL for a minute or two at end of the baking time. Remove from the oven when it is lightly golden brown and crispy around the edges. Allow it to cool for a minute or two before slicing into serving size pieces.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 60mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 116IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 1mg