Frank's Red Hot Sauce (Buffalo Wings or Original)
For a spicy dip use the Original and for a mildly spicy dip choose the Buffalo Wings Sauce.
For the Cooked Chicken
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Rotisserie chicken - My preference is to use shredded breast meat from a rotisserie chicken.
- To make your own shredded chicken - Coat a sauté pan with vegetable oil and place over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Add 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, seasoning with a bit of salt and pepper as they cook. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW, add 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, and cover pan. Allow chicken to cook for about 30 minutes or until cooked through and fork tender. Remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board to cool. When cool enough to handle, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Canned chicken - You can substitute 2 (10 to 12-ounce cans) chunk chicken breast, drained.
If using a larger slow cooker, I recommend doubling the recipe.
Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Coat a 2- to 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir to combine, then cover and cook on low for 2 hours, or until the cream cheese has melted. Stir until completely smooth, then cover and cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until bubbly.
- Transfer to a serving dish to garnish or serve or serve directly from the slow cooker.
Transfer any leftovers to an airtight container and refrigerate within 2 hours. Gently reheat leftovers in the microwave or on the stove and use within 3 to 4 days for the best quality.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out the center of a one pound round loaf of bread and dig out the contents with your hands.
- Transfer the dip to your bread bowl and place it on a baking sheet and bake as directed in the recipe.