Bourbon Glazed Carrots
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 11 or 12 carrots 2 to 2-1/2 lbs., peeled and sliced slightly on the diagonal into 1-1/2" pieces
- 7 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup bourbon I used Jim Beam
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet or saute pan over high heat. Add chopped carrots before butter begins to brown. Saute carrots for about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and beginning to get tender. Transfer carrots to a dish and set aside.
Return the pan to the heat and reduce heat to medium. Add bourbon and cook, stirring to de-glaze the pan. It will reduce quite a bit and almost disappear. Add remaining 5 tablespoons butter to pan and the brown sugar. Stir to combine and then add browned carrots and bring to a good simmer. Reduce to low, cover pan, and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
Season with a little salt and pepper, transfer to serving dish, and garnish with chives. Delicious!!!!!