This easy Skillet Lasagna is loaded with Italian flavor to satisfy your craving for traditional lasagna with FAR less work. It's a delicious one pot pasta that's ready in about 40 minutes!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage can substitute turkey Italian sausage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced summer squash
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 25 ounces marinara sauce
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 10 curly edged lasagna noodles each broken into 4 pieces
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese like mozzarella/provolone or 4-cheese Italian
- ⅓ cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
Coat a deep 12-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Cook the ground beef, breaking up with a spoon, until no pink remains. Drain off as much of the grease as you can and return the pan to the heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper and add the chopped zucchini, summer squash, onion, and garlic. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are fork tender.
Meanwhile, combine the marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, and water in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
Add the broken, uncooked lasagna noodles to the skillet, covering the meat. Pour the marinara mixture evenly over the pasta, making sure that the edges are covered. Bring to a good simmer then reduce the heat to MEDIUM, cover the skillet, and simmer for 25 minutes.
Remove the cover and drop small spoonful's of the ricotta over the surface of the lasagna. Sprinkle with shredded Italian blend cheese and Parmesan. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1218mg | Potassium: 1063mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1105IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 335mg | Iron: 5mg