Classic Chicken Salad
Tender bites of chicken are tossed in a simply seasoned, creamy dressing with bits of crunchy celery in this Classic Chicken Salad recipe.
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken (I use rotisserie chicken - Costco baby!)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 12 slices sturdy sliced bread, like sourdough or whole-grain bread
- leafy greens
- sliced tomatoes
- thinly sliced red onion
Add chicken, mayonnaise, celery, parsley, lemon juice, onion powder, sea salt, and pepper to a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine well. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Assemble sandwiches on bread, adding any toppings of choice.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is best if consumed within a day or two.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg