Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
These Crock Pot Baked Potatoes cook up perfectly tender with a fluffy interior. They are so quick and easy to prepare and save valuable oven space!
- 6 russet potatoes
- 3 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt divided
- salt, pepper, butter, shredded cheese, sour cream, cooked crumbled bacon, chopped fresh chives or thinly sliced green onions
Cut off 6 square sheets of foil large enough to securely wrap your potatoes.
Scrub the potatoes well under cool, running water. Dry completely with paper towels. Poke the potatoes about 3 to 4 times on both sides. Place a potato on a sheet of foil, drizzle it with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and use your hands to coat the potato on all sides. Sprinkle the potato evenly on all sides with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Wrap the potato tightly in the foil and transfer it to a 6-quart slow cooker. Repeat with remaining potatoes, oil, and salt.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, or until tender all the way through. Cooking time will depend on the size of your potatoes. If not serving immediately, keep the potatoes in the slow cooker with the cover on and switch slow cooker to the KEEP WARM setting, if possible.
Nutrition information is for potato only. Optional toppings will change nutritional values.
Crock Pot Baked Potato Tips
- Be sure to wrap your potatoes securely in the foil to keep the moisture out. If you open one to test it and it is not cooked through yet, rewrap it securely in the foil before returning it to the slow cooker.
- It's okay to stack the potatoes if they don't fit in an even layer across the bottom of your slow cooker but I don't recommend trying to cook more than six at a time in a 6-quart slow cooker. If you're home, go ahead and rotate the potatoes about halfway through the baking time if you've stacked them. I've cooked them without rotating and it just takes a bit longer for the top potatoes to get tender.
Serving: 1potato | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 592mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg