Sweet Spiced Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut squash tossed in an aromatic blend of spices and brown sugar and roasted in the oven till caramelized. A beautiful addition to your holiday menu or a tasty side dish for any night.
- 2 pounds peeled, chopped butternut squash (1 package or approximately one large or two medium squash)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Place butternut squash in a large mixing bowl and toss with olive oil. Set aside.
In a small dish, combine all the spices. Sprinkle over the oil coated butternut squash and toss until spices are evenly distributed. Pour squash out onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then use a spatula to stir and flip squash and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until fork tender and nicely browned.
Serving: 0.3pound | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 16189IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1mg