Cajun Sloppy Joes
Skip the store-bought sloppy Joe mix and cook up your own, made from scratch Cajun Sloppy Joes. The flavor will knock your socks off and they're ready in 30 minutes!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Kickin' Cajun Seasoning Mix (or store bought Creole or Cajun Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (adjust amount as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns toasted
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onions, and bell pepper until meat crumbles and no pink remains. Drain well and return skillet to heat.
Add tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, Creole seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper (to taste), and fresh ground pepper. Stir well to combine and reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Serve warm on toasted buns.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 898mg | Potassium: 789mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 738IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 5mg