Cheesy Hot Crab Dip
This Cheesy Hot Crab Dip is the ultimate party snack! Lump crab meat is baked into this luxurious dip with cream cheese, sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese and few dashes of hot sauce.
- 8 ounce package cream cheese or Neufchatel (light cream cheese) softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup light or regular sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated white onion
- 12 ounces lump crab meat from 2 6-ounce cans
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning salt I use Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- a few shakes of Tabasco to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- crackers baguette slices, or tortilla chips for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream in a medium mixing bowl and stir until creamy. Add remaining ingredients and stir again until well combined. Transfer to a small baking dish and transfer to oven.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and bubbly.
Serve with crackers, baguette slices, or tortilla chips.
Slow Cooker Instructions
Add the ingredients to a small (3- to 4-quart) slow cooker, stir to combine, and set it on LOW for 2 hours. It needs to cook until the cream cheese melts completely. Stir the dip and then let it cook for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
It should keep well for up to an hour on the KEEP WARM or LOW setting. Be sure to stir it occasionally to prevent it from burning or separating.
If you want add some spice to this dip, add a diced jalapeno and/or increase the amount of hot sauce, as desired.
Once you transfer the mixture to a serving dish, cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, remove from the refrigerator and allow to sit out for 15 or 20 minutes before baking. You may need to increase the baking time a bit to compensate if the dip is very cold when going into the oven.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 776mg | Potassium: 168mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 0.4mg