Asian Zucchini Noodle Salad
This Asian Zucchini Noodle Salad with Ginger Sesame-Soy Dressing is a vibrant, wholesome choice to add to the menu for your next summer gathering. It makes for a delicious side dish or add grilled chicken or shrimp to make it a meal.
GINGER SESAME-SOY DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce tamari for gluten free
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
ZUCCHINI NOODLE SALAD:
- 3 zucchini, 6- to 7-inches
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 1 cup shelled edamame (I used frozen, boiled for a few minutes, rinsed in cool water and lightly salted)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds or peanut pieces
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
Combine the dressing ingredients in a small mason jar. Place the lid on securely and shake well to combine. Set aside.
Cut ends off the zucchini and spiralize. Run a sharp knife through the pile of spiralized zucchini several times to shorten the very long strands (this makes it easier to eat). Place the zucchini noodles in a large mixing bowl with carrot, edamame, green onions, bell pepper, cilantro and mint. Toss well to combine.
Shake the dressing again and pour about 3/4 of it over the salad. Add the nuts and toss well to coat the veggies with dressing. Add additional dressing as desired. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 63mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3458IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg