This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
That all changed when I moved to my new office at the shop with the big guy. Lunchtime was fun! Hmm, where should we eat today? Italian? Mexican? After about a year of those lunchtime shenanigans, I’ve decided my husband is bad for my waistline. Why is it when I’m with him my ideas of what is okay to eat for lunch just flies right out the window?
- 1 9.5 ounce/4 count package MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 small yellow summer squash chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 ear of sweet corn cut from the cob or 1 cup frozen corn defrosted
- 1-1/2 cups jasmine rice cooked according to package directions
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 avocados chopped
- 1 cup shredded queso fresco cheese
- Salsa for garnish optional
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add zucchini, summer squash, and red bell pepper. Cook and stir for several minutes until veggies are crisp tender. Add corn and cook for an additional one to two minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- After you have cooked rice according to package directions, remove the pan from the heat and squeeze the juice from one lime over the rice and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the Spicy Black Bean Burgers according to package directions.
- Assemble bowls by dividing the rice between four serving bowls. Top each rice bowl with a cooked Spicy Black Bean Burger and 1/4 of the sauteed veggies. Garnish the bowls with cilantro, avocado, and a little queso fresco cheese. Add salsa if desired.
Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 8/11-9/14/2014. Be sure to visit the MorningStar Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!