Grab a rotisserie chicken next time you visit the store and mix up this easy Curry Chicken Salad. These sandwiches are perfect for lunch or a light summer dinner.
It’s so convenient to have an easy to assemble lunch ready and waiting for the random assortment of people wandering through my house in the summer months. Having a fresh batch of chicken salad in the fridge is always a good thing, especially when it is this delicious Curry Chicken Salad.
This recipe has a lot going on from the creamy curry dressing, the sweet, chewy bite of golden raisins, and a bit of texture from finely diced red onion and celery. It all works together in a glorious way.
I like to keep it simple by piling it on small sandwich rolls with a bit of lettuce. This is my idea of the perfect lunch on a busy workday. Easy, light, and delicious.
I’ve lightened up this simple curry dressing by replacing half the mayonnaise with non-fat plain Greek yogurt. This half-and-half ratio is perfect – you won’t miss the mayo. Also in the bowl – curry powder, a little sugar, salt, and pepper.
A creamy, incredibly flavorful bowl of sunshine!
To a good sized mixing bowl add shredded rotisserie chicken, golden raisins, diced red onion, and diced celery. See the printable recipe below for the precise amounts.
Add the curry dressing and mix well.
Mix in some chopped fresh Italian parsley. This part is optional but highly recommended as it adds a subtle fresh quality that enhances the salad in a really nice way.
I could honestly just dig right into that bowl with my fork, but Curry Chicken Salad is SO delicious served on these King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns. They are just a bit bigger than a slider roll, which I love. The perfect size for your little ones and great for portion control for the rest of us.
Curry Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups cooked chopped chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise light or regular
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Combine the chicken, raisins, celery, and onion in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a separate small bowl and pour over the chicken salad mixture. Mix until salad is well coated in dressing. Sprinkle with parsley and mix until combined.
- Serve on sandwich rolls or add a scoop to salad greens.
If you’re a fan of chicken salad, definitely check this one out! Another one of my favorites.