This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Every time I see garlic knots on a restaurant menu I want them. I don’t always order them but I always want them. I mean, a tray of buttery garlic knots, warm from the oven, alongside a great big bowl of pasta – does it get any better than that?
The thing is, with the help of a canister of Pillsbury Breadstick dough, they are incredibly fast and easy to make at home and let me tell you, if you put these out at a gathering, they’ll be gobbled up in no time flat.
A few important ingredient notes. Some of these items may be controversial to some – “Gasp! She’s using minced garlic from a jar and that powdery Parmesan from the green can!!!“. Yes, exactly. This recipe is about being fast and easy but in addition, I prefer the texture of this Parmesan for this recipe and really, the convenience of the minced garlic in the jar is wonderful. I always keep some in my fridge. Of course, if you’d prefer to smash, peel, and finely chop fresh garlic, that would work just as well. You’ll also need a jar of your favorite marinara. I’m loving this Mezzetta Home Style Marinara.
This is the buttery, garlic and herb mixture that we’ll brush on to the knots before they bake. It’s a mixture of melted butter, minced garlic, olive oil, and some dry basil and oregano.
Making the knots is easy. Just remove the dough from the canister and separate it into 12 breadsticks. Tie each one into a knot. I begin by wrapping it around my hand and then continuing to pull the one end through the middle. Just like tying a shoe.
You’ll end up with a neat little knot. If it’s not so neat, don’t fret. Just smoosh it into place with your hands. They’ll puff up and look beautiful when they bake.
Place the knots on an ungreased baking sheet, brush them with the butter/herb mixture and sprinkle them with a little salt and Parmesan.
Bake them at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or till nice and golden brown.
Serve them with a little warmed marinara for dipping.
They make a great party appetizer or serve them alongside your next Italian inspired meal. They are warm and delicious and ready in under 30 minutes!
Easy Garlic Parmesan Knots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 can 11 oz Pillsbury refrigerated Original Breadsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup of your favorite jarred marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In small microwavable bowl, melt butter with minced garlic on High for 30 seconds or until completely melted. Stir in olive oil, basil and oregano; set aside.
- Remove dough from canister and separate into 12 breadsticks. Twist and tie each breadstick into a “knot-like” ball; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Lightly brush butter-herb mixture evenly over top of each knot. Sprinkle with salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with warmed marinara dipping sauce.
- Adapted from Pillsbury