There are three delicious layers in these Halloween Oreo Brookie Bars. A really simple way to add a colorful and very tasty treat to your Halloween festivities!
Click HERE to sign up for your FREE email subscription and never miss a recipe!
I’ve been a bit obsessed with all the new varieties of Oreos showing up at the store lately. So many amazing flavors! And, then there are those Oreo Thins. Have you tried them? Don’t hold back, they are incredible!
On my last trip to the store a package of seasonal Halloween Oreo Cookies popped into my shopping cart and demanded that I immediately come home and put them in a recipe. Like the good girl that I am, I obeyed the all powerful Halloween Oreos and came home and got to work on these festive layered bars.
Or, something like that…
We’re pretty crazy about Halloween here and there is no better way to get in the spirit of things then with some fun seasonal baking.
If you’ve never heard the term “Brookie” let me enlighten you. It’s when you take cookie dough and brownie batter and bake them together in one recipe, typically in cookie or bar form.
I took it one step further in the spirit of the holiday and sandwiched a layer of orange creme filled Halloween Oreo Cookies between the layers.
It starts with a basic, from-scratch chocolate chip cookie dough for the bottom layer, topped with rows of Oreos, and then the whole thing is topped off with a brownie layer. To makes things easy, I went with a boxed brownie mix which means that this recipe is ready to go into the oven in nothing flat.
I’ve never been blessed with great decorating skills which is one of the reasons why I love this recipe so much. There’s literally no decorating involved; no special skills needed. Just slice and serve and that vibrant orange pop of color adds a super festive touch.
The recipe is baked in a 13″ x 9″ baking dish and yields 48 small bars which makes it perfect for feeding a crowd. Just the thing for any Halloween bash, class party, or bake sale.
Watch the quick video below to see how easy it is to put them together. Be sure to watch it to the end to see the “monsters” that come out of the woodwork when I bake!
For lots of delicious recipes, giveaways, and more, be sure to follow From Valerie’s Kitchen
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 Halloween Oreo Cookies
- 1 (18.4 ounce) package brownie mix (I used Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13" x 9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer:
- Using an electric mixer, beat softened butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and continue to beat for another two minutes or until light and creamy.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Use a spoon to add flour mixture into butter mixture in increments, stirring until dough is combined. Stir chocolate chips into dough. Spread dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and use your hands to press it into an even layer.
- Place the Halloween Oreo Cookies in rows over the dough.
For the Brownie Layer:
- Combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the prepared brownie batter over the Halloween Oreos.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the bars comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in pan and then cut into squares and serve.
- Store bars in an airtight container.