These pretty Holiday Tortilla Pinwheels will add a festive touch to your next holiday gathering.
Retro party snacks are the best! I’ve been making different varieties of tortilla pinwheels forever and a day and just like cocktail meatballs and slow cooker cocktail sausage, they just never go out of style.
There are an endless number of ingredients you can stuff inside, they can be made ahead, and they transport well, which makes them a great choice for potlucks at any time of year.
The pretty red and green contrast in these festive little babies make them perfect for the holiday season. And, the rich and creamy feta and cream cheese mixture, deli ham, and tart/sweet dried cranberries make them unique and totally delicious.
Many pinwheel recipes call for the whipped variety of cream cheese because of its spreadability, but I prefer regular style cream cheese. It has a richer, denser consistency that I like better for pinwheels. I always use the less fat (Neufchatel) variety but feel free to use the regular if you wish. I honestly cannot tell the difference with the less fat variety and I’m banking those saved calories and fat grams for dessert!
I have big love for this crumbled feta I buy at Costco. I almost always have one of these great big containers in my fridge and never run out of ways to use it up. It is SO good on scrambled eggs, tossed into salads, and in pasta dishes and it adds a salty, tangy bite to these pinwheels.
I like to create even more color contrast by using both regular flour tortillas and these Garden Spinach Herb Wraps from Mission.
Use an electric hand mixer to combine 2 packages of softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, and 1 cup crumbled feta. Beat it until it is smooth and creamy.
Spread one tortilla with a layer of the cream cheese and feta mixture and then top it with some thinly sliced green onions and dried cranberries. Christmas colors!
A final layer of thinly sliced deli ham.
Tightly roll up the tortillas and wrap them securely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate them for at least an hour or more but I don’t recommend letting them chill for more than a few hours or the tortillas can become soggy.
After the chilling time, slice and serve! You should get 6 pinwheels from each roll-up or 36 in total.
Holiday Tortilla Pinwheels
- 2 8 ounce packages regular or Neufchatel (less fat) cream cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup sour cream light or regular
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 10" burrito size flour tortillas or wraps (use a variety of colors)
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and feta. Divide mixture between 6 tortillas, spreading out in a thin layer to within 1/2" of the edge. Sprinkle each tortilla with cranberries and green onions. Layer on some ham and roll up tightly.
- Wrap rollups tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour. Cut off and discard the uneven ends and slice each rollup into 6 pieces.
- Adapted from Taste of Home