We are deep into sports in this house. Right now it’s football and basketball but it seems to me we are always deep into one season or another. This is the observation of the only female in the house. Maybe you are a fan, or maybe like me, you just cook for fans and get excited for the half-time show. Either way, I have just the thing for the next big game.
That being said, we’ve had an extremely successful sports year here in the Bay Area. It’s been pretty fun to watch, even for this non-sports obsessed lady. First, our quirky, unstoppable San Francisco Giants win the World Series…again, and how about the story for this years’ Super Bowl? It’s so unreal it’s like a movie script. Brother against brother. Jim vs. John. Another Bay Area team vying for the championship. I will be right there watching along with the guys to see how this one plays out.
Being the mother of four sons and a football loving husband, I’ve got a pretty good collection of man-friendly game day recipes. This one definitely fits that description.
It’s got sausage in it.
Need I say more?
It’s incredibly easy to throw together so you can get it done and get snacking in no time at all. You can even make it hours ahead of time and just pop it in the oven when the guests arrive. It doesn’t get any easier than that.
The grocery list – Fully cooked kielbasa sausage, cream cheese (reduced fat or regular), mayonnaise (light or regular), Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, garlic powder, green onions, and a fresh jalapeno. You’ll also need to have a French baguette on hand.
The Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian is wonderful in recipes that call for mozzarella alone, like pizza and pasta dishes. The blend adds something special that takes the flavor of familiar dishes to a whole new place. Of course, it’s also perfect in this Spicy Kielbasa Dip.
You can control the heat level of this dip by removing some or all of the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno. For a mild dip, remove all of the seeds and ribs. For medium, just remove the seeds and ribs from one half of the pepper. If you like it hot, and I mean HOT, leave all of the seeds and ribs intact.
It’s just a matter of dicing up the sausage, green onions, and jalapeno, and mixing them all together with the cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded Sargento cheese, and garlic powder.
Once the mixture is well combined, transfer it to a baking dish and pop it in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
It’s time to come out of the oven when it is heated through and bubbly around the edges. Mmmmm.
Serve it with baguette slices.
This stuff is guaranteed to please all of your football fans.
Spicy Kielbasa Dip
- 3 ounces cream cheese reduced fat or regular
- 1 cup mayonnaise reduced fat or regular
- 1/2 cup Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 7 ounces kielbasa sausage fully cooked, diced
- 1 jalapeno diced (seeds and ribs removed as desired)
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 sourdough baguettes sliced (for serving)
- Place cream cheese in a medium sized microwavable bowl. Microwave for 25 seconds or till softened. Add remaining ingredients through the green onions and mix well to combine.
Transfer to a small baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with baguette slices.
- Recipe Note - Control the heat by removing the ribs and seeds from the jalapeno before dicing. For a mild dip, remove all seeds and ribs. For medium, remove seeds and ribs from one half of the jalapeno. Leave all the ribs and seeds intact for a very spicy dip.
- Make Ahead Tip - After transferring to baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before baking. You may need to add 5 minutes or more to the baking time if the mixture is cold when it goes in the oven.
Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on Valerie’s Kitchen. The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of Valerie.