It’s easy to keep the ingredients on hand to throw together this 5 Minute Broccoli Kale Slaw any night of the week. A versatile, healthy side dish that adds a burst of color to your plate.
It actually took me less than 5 minutes to put this tasty slaw together but I didn’t think 4.3582 Minute Broccoli Kale Slaw was a good name.
So, I rounded up.
The slaw includes a couple of cups of chopped kale, dried cranberries, one package of broccoli slaw (love the stuff!), and slivered almonds. To make life simple, grab a bag of pre-washed, chopped kale and just cut it down a bit more before adding it to the bowl.
Toss it with a Simple Slaw Vinaigrette (recipe below) and bam, you’ve got yourself a super wholesome, high-fiber, crunchy, tangy, slightly sweet 5 Minute Broccoli Kale Slaw.
It’s a great way to balance out a juicy burger or pile it high on pulled pork or BBQ beef sandwiches.
5 Minute Broccoli Kale Slaw
- 1 12 ounce package broccoli slaw
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
Simple Slaw Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all vinaigrette ingredients in a mason jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid and shake well to combine.
- Combine the broccoli slaw, kale cranberries, and slivered almonds in a large serving bowl. Toss with vinaigrette and serve.
To make this even faster to prepare I used bagged, pre-washed, chopped kale and chopped it down a bit more before adding to the salad.