This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Delicious ingredients all together in one little appetizer skewer. These Antipasto Skewers are a super easy, make-ahead, grab-and-go party snack!
I served these pretty little Antipasto Skewers at our 4th of July gathering this year and the minute they were assembled, I knew I had to tell you about them.
This fun party snack is a fabulous concept that could be adapted in so many ways. Grab whatever looks good, thread it onto a stick and BAM you’ve got yourself a super easy, pretty plate of perfect party food… say that 5 times fast!
For a pretty color contrast I went with marinated cheese tortellini, black olives, fresh basil, creamy cubed havarti cheese, salami, grape tomatoes, and marinated mozzarella balls. The only advance prep involved is cooking and cooling the tortellini and marinating it for a few hours in bottled Italian salad dressing. Then it’s just a matter of assembling the skewers.
These 6″ wooden skewers that I found on Amazon were just the perfect size for these. Shorter than the typical BBQ kabob skewers and just right for an appetizer.
I love these ready-to-go marinated mozzarella balls that I find in the specialty cheese/deli section at my local Safeway. They are an awesome ingredient to have on hand for throwing into salads and creating delicious party snacks like this one. If you can only find the plain variety, just toss them in with the tortellini to marinate together.
Another nice element to these is that they can be assembled the day before and refrigerated overnight for a stress-free party day.
And, they’re so pretty on a platter. A fabulous centerpiece for your table as guests arrive.
- 18 6" wooden skewers
- 18 cheese tortellini cooked and cooled
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 18 large pitted black olives
- 18 cubes havarti cheese approximately 8 ounces
- 18 slices of salami
- 18 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 18 to 36 depending on size fresh basil leaves
- 18 marinated mozzarella balls
- Cook tortellini about 1 minute shy of package directions. After cooking, drain and immediately rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process. Drain well, transfer to a container with a lid, and add the Italian salad dressing. Toss lightly to be sure the tortellini is well coated with dressing; cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Thread the ingredients on to the skewers in any order you'd like. For a nice color contrast, here's how I did it:Olive, Havarti, Salami, Tortellini, Tomato, Basil, Marinated Mozzarella
Adapted from Taste of Home
Valerie’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.