This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These fun little Barbecue Chicken Sliders are a great party choice or toss a salad and call it dinner. Just 5 ingredients and super easy prep!
I have a tendency to get a little carried away when it comes to menu planning for parties. For reasons I will never understand, I tell myself lies. In my delusional mind, I have nothing but time, I’m happy and relaxed, get eight hours of sleep every night, and I’m dressed in something really cute and fashionable, sipping a glass of wine as I prepare my party food. Sure, that could happen, right? Please tell me this could happen.
In typical form, I had some big ideas on what kinds of goodies to cook up for last weekend’s football game. Well, the day came and my real life happened. I had grocery shopping and cleaning to do and a few errands to run, so I modified my ideas just a bit and came up with these sliders. They are so simple it makes me wonder why I never did it before. Once the boys got their hands on them they were gone in a flash. I will double the recipe when I make them next time.
Here is what you need on hand to put these together – a rotisserie chicken, your favorite bottled barbecue sauce, jarred jalapeno rings, sliced Havarti cheese, and some dinner rolls.
Pull the chicken meat off the bone and shred it into a large mixing bowl with your hands. My roti chicken was somewhat of a wimp and I ended up with 3 cups. If you end up with more you can use it for another purpose or just make more sliders. Add the barbecue sauce and mix it it up really well.
Dice up about 1/3 cup of jalapeno rings. I use the “tamed” variety but if you prefer, you can go for the hotter variety. But I warn you, the hot ones are HOT. The tame variety add great flavor and just a touch of heat.
Add the peppas to the chicken mixture and mix well.
Grab 6 slices of Havarti and slice them into quarters so that you have 24 pieces total. If your dinner rolls need slicing, do that as well.
Here’s how you assemble them. Some of the barbecue chicken mixture and 2 pieces of cheese.
Place the assembled sliders on to a 9″ x 13″ rimmed baking sheet. If you are doubling the recipe, they will fit perfectly on a 12″ x 17″ pan. All ready for the oven.
In about 10 minutes they should be nice and toasty and ready to serve. Perfect for the big game!
If you like these you might also want to check out these other posts:
Barbecue Chicken Sliders
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup diced jarred jalapeno pepper rings tamed or hot according to taste
- 6 slices Havarti cheese
- 12 potato dinner rolls or slider rolls of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the shredded chicken in a large mixing bowl and add barbecue sauce. Add diced jalapeno pepper rings and combine well. Slice cheese into quarters so that you have a total of 24 pieces. Slice dinner rolls in half.
- Assemble sliders by spooning some of the chicken mixture on to a roll and topping with 2 pieces of cheese. Place assembled sliders on a 9- x 13-inch rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Pull out of oven when rolls are lightly toasted and cheese is melted.